Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan (SWPP)
CORE was retained by JetBlue Airways to complete Stormwater
Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPP) at all JetBlue stations and support
facilities (48 locations) in the U.S. CORE streamlined the site assessment
process by developing a site inspection form for facility managers to
complete and a comprehensive report template.
The project included a materials inventory and significant exposed
materials inventory, as well as a review of existing SWPPP plans and
discharge permits. The project included developing a pollution prevention
team and their responsibilities along with a SWPPP compliance schedule.
This included the design and development of Best Management Practices
(BMPs) consistent with JetBlue programs, as well as individual airport
SWPPPs and industry developed practices. The SWPPP answers the
- What materials are used at the JetBlue Facility?
- Which of these materials are exposed to precipitation?
- What potential pollutants are contained in these materials?
- What steps are currently being taken to minimize the amount of this
material that is exposed to precipitation?
- What additional opportunities, or BMPs, are there to reduce or
control the amount of material exposed to precipitation?
- Which of these additional BMPs should be implemented to further
reduce or control potential pollution of stormwater runoff?