Job: Senior Engineer
LOCATION: Buffalo, NY
Come be a part of the CORE team as we continue to grow our Buffalo/Western New York office! CORE Environmental Consultants, Inc. is looking for an experienced Senior Engineer to play a lead role in a variety of civil and environmental engineering and consulting projects. This is a unique opportunity for self-motivated, detail and challenge-oriented person. The Senior Engineer position will provide technical support, project management, and business development services. They will be responsible for overseeing the production of design documents, developing relationships with existing clients and project collaborators, and helping expand the environmental and civil engineering team’s reach in Western New York. CORE’s projects include environmental site assessments, stormwater management and green infrastructure design, petroleum bulk storage tank and dispensing system design, soil and groundwater remediation system design, and hazardous material project management. CORE is looking for an experienced professional to expand our capabilities into water, wastewater, and municipal infrastructure facilities/projects. Our company culture focuses on being the industry leader and client’s first choice for reliable and innovative engineering and environmental solutions and to create lasting community benefit. Teamwork is a CORE value we expect in all our people and projects. Our team members own their projects and over deliver with integrity. Responsibilities will Include:
- Managing several concurrent and diverse contracts including
- Participate in the planning, design and construction administration of water, wastewater, and municipal infrastructure facilities/projects
- Manage scopes of work that include efforts to prepare environmental work plans and reports, remedial action work plans, design documents (specifications and design drawings), and compliance documents
- Non-project management assignments, or non-core work could include some or all of design reviews, scheduling, report writing, presenting
- Staff management and development.
- Knowledge of the Western New York market and strong business development skills.
- Proposal writing, attending pre-proposal meetings and bid walks, and
- Minimum 8+ years’ experience including project management.
- Professional license to practice in the New York State (P.E.).
- Experience with local municipality water and wastewater infrastructure.
- petroleum bulk storage tank and dispensing system design.
- Experience in the field of geology/hydrogeology and contaminated site investigation and remediation. The ability to manage complex and multifaceted investigation and remediation projects
- Experience with Phase I and II assessments, NYSDEC/USEPA Brownfield studies and environmental impact assessments data management and report writing.
- Strong experience dealing with regulatory personnel and agencies.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills and finding innovative solutions for our clients.
- Strong project/client management, business development and proposal writing skills.
- Ability to effectively manage project budgets and client expectations.
- A working knowledge of AutoCAD and Microstation design software.
- Consulting background with business development experience with private and public-sector clients highly desired